PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Outer Glow Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Mathematics

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Outer Glow Question Reply with quote

How do I make the outer glow only go around the outside of a sprite and not inside as well?

As an example, consider a shape like O with a transparent center. The O will be overlayed on top of another image. If I use the outer glow option, I get a glow both outside and inside the O. (I need the inside of the O devoid of a glow so you can see something else and I can't flatten the image and then remove the glow afterward.)

(I do have a solution but I want to know if there is a more efficient way. The solution I found was to have two copies of the background. Flatten my O with the glow (both on the inside and outside) unto the first background. Crop out the center so I can see the second background. I would then have my glow only on the outside. This process would be a lot of work because I have a few dozen O's to edit - hence my post.)

Thank you for your help. I tried a search feature and found reams of posts but nothing obvious dealing with this sort of stuff.

Sebastian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there welcome to the forum.

well, the fastest way I could think of is that you do what you said and make 2 backgrounds. Adjust the Eraser tool to fit the center of the O-s with the hardness set at 100%. and just erase the centers of the O-s click by click.

or there's maybe a better way but I don't know what kind of background you have. If the O-s are in contrast to the background you could use the Magic wand tool with the Contiguous option ticked in, select the background and delete it. overlay that on top of the background with the glow and thus have O-s with centers without the glow

Mathematics

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you sir!

Sebastian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a pleasure to be at your service, kind sir/ma'am, cheers :p Big Grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: