PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Pasting Smart Object Into Photoshop, Picture Is Lighter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

andy1212

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Pasting Smart Object Into Photoshop, Picture Is Lighter Reply with quote

I created a picture in illustrator cs5 using shapes and my logo file. Once I finished I saved the file and selected everything, copied and pasted into photoshop cs5 and the result is that the whole image is lighter or washed out and slightly blurry. I never had this problem when using cs4 so I'm not sure how to go about fixing this and haven't found any tips that are similar to my problem through Google. I tried just opening the .ai file in photoshop to see if that would solve the problem but it is still the same result. In illustrator the background of the image i created is solid black but when pasting or opening the file in photoshop, it's like a dark gray. Any help is appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Also the colors are CMYK in illustrator, might that be the problem? Thanks.

Auieos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drak grey thing is usualy an indicator of cmyk, so yeah that could be your problem. Blurry im not to sure about. Best bet if you dont get it solved is to upload the ai file to mediafire or one of those and link to it in ur next post.

Possibly try saving as pdf instead then import into photoshop. Different formats.

*Try 'Layer – Smart Objects – Replace Contents' in photoshop.
*Also have a look at your 'View - Pixel Preview' in Illustrator.
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/illustrator/cs/using/WS714a382cdf7d304e7e07d0100196cbc5f-636da.html

andy1212

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. I actually just recreated the same art work but using RGB colours and when I tried pasting the RGB artwork as a smart ojbect into Photoshop, it was the exact same. So I'm going to design using RGB for the time being but I'll take your advice when I need or want to use CMYK colours. Thanks again for your time and help.

thehermit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the colour management set the same in both Illustrator and Photoshop?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: