PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
performance questions...
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

herbycanopy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: performance questions... Reply with quote

When I start Photoshop it tells gives me this dailog everytime (see below). I know that I can make it so that it does not tell me anymore but I was wondering if that means that I am not set up for the GPU accelleration. Also I can only use half of my RAM in PS way is that? See below for photos.

Xp sp3
Geforce 9400 GT 1gb DDR
3.25GB RAM

niftyned

PS Version: CS4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you uncheck the box in the GPU settings that message will stop appearing. You have gpu acceleration selected. Because you have 3 gb of ram installed in your pc doesnt mean you have that much available. Everything you can see on your screen uses ram even your desktop icons so the ram that is unused is what PS will show.

herbycanopy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that GPU acceleration was a good thing to have because it would use more of my Graphics card.

So I do not want it enabled? I am sure my Graphics card can handle it.

niftyned

PS Version: CS4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will find your graphics card is the issue. I have a similar model (9600GT 2gb) and there is a major conflict between the Nvidia drivers and PS.
i have contacted Nvidia to see if this can be resolved but havent had a reply as yet. I am considering swapping back to my old 8600gt 512mb as it worked perfectly but a bit slow.
If I hear back from Nvidia I will post their response here.
There are some PS plugins available from the Nvidia site but I wouldnt suggest them as I tried them and it only made it worse.
I suppose I am lucky that my main board has a decent in-built graphics chip. I switched off the graphics acceleration and it is a bitt better but I cant do anything in 3D which is as frustrating as hell. I blame myself for not doing any research before I bought the video card so I might just bite the bullet and buy one that is known to be compatible.

herbycanopy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more people that email them the better. When I email them I just inform them that the card does not work with the Graphic acceleration that is used in Photoshop CS4.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: