PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
photo editing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

jimmy74

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: photo editing Reply with quote

Hi I'm new to the forum and need some help with photoshop CS6. Basically I have photos of some pages in a text book that I would like to convert in .doc or .pdf format. I have tried using some conversion programs but they don't recognize all the text and the conversion file ends up being a mess of symbols and text which is impossible to understand.
Most of the photos have the "star wars film introduction text" effect, being small up above and gradually getting bigger at the lower end. Is there any way of making the whole text of equal size? flipping the photo on a horizontal axis using photoshop?

thanks for any help at all
J.

Auieos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is there any way of making the whole text of equal size?

Yes there is.

1. Select the perspective crop tool and make box around your text.
2. Adjust the corners of the box to match the angles of your text. (you can hold shift while moving the corners to keep one of the sides locked straight)
3. Once you have the box matching the angles of the text, press the enter key or click the apply tick.

jimmy74

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's something I'm missing out on here. I can't find the perspective crop tool so I tried using the crop tool but it's not very helpfull, that is I can straighten the page but the text remains to variable angles and is impossible to convert in doc without having a bunch of ascii code symbols all over the place.

Auieos

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late reply Jimmy.

The perspective crop tool is part of the crop tool sub-menu.
Click and hold the crop tool to access the sub-menu or just keep pressing C until it is the active tool.

See pic below.

jimmy74

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried with this tool as well, and though it does straighten out the text in straight line perspective, it doesn't correct text that curves due to the bent page in the photo, is there a tool for this too?

thanks
J.

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you show us what you have so far?

jimmy74

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is one of the text pages I would like to convert into PDF or DOC format. I've chosen the "worst" example as a start point, the other 69 pages would be relatively easier to work with given that this sort of editing can be done.

Auieos

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will probably have to use a combination of the perspective crop tool and the transform warp tool.
You can get software that will straighten out lens curvature in photos that you could probably use for something like this.
When you use the perspective crop tool draw a rectangle around most of the text then after this hold down alt and drag around each corner to match up the general lines of the page and enclose all of the text.
Once you do this and commit the changes you then move on to the warp transform and straighten out the page piece by piece.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: