PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Photoshop batch import
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Seregwethrin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Photoshop batch import Reply with quote

Hi,

I'd like to ask something. Suppose I've thousands of files of psd jpg and txt files which can be paired by names like x.psd x.jpg and x.txt.

I'd like to import x.txt and x.jpg into x.psd as new layers. a default position for layers are enough for all files.

Can I do this for all files? Can you guide me to a start point to do this?

renata

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do the txt documents contain? You'll need to convert these to something else first (e.g PDF).

You said you have thousands of documents, so are you going to end up with thousands of multi layered psd files? Are these going to need some sort of manual work later? Only asking because if so, a simple action might be enough for you, which you can use as you do the manual work.

You also said that you already have PSD files. You want to add a jpg and a txt file to those. Is the stuff that's already in the PSD very important? Can it be converted to a jpg first? In which case you have more options for your scripting (e.g perhaps even MS Word).

Depending on what you want to do (and why) there may be many ways around your problem. Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: