PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Photoshop CC asks me to save again after doing a Save As
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

jonacs2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Photoshop CC asks me to save again after doing a Save As Reply with quote

The sequence that leads to my problem:

1. Use the Save As command to save a file (it doesn't matter what file format I use)
2. Use the Close command to close the file

It is at this point that I get a prompt to save the file before closing, even though I just did the Save As and haven't made any changes. One thing I noticed was that after using the Save As command, the the icon at the top of the photo window is solid for a split second, then becomes grayed out and an asterisk appears to the right of the text at the top of the window. So it's like some change is being made in the background that I can't control.

I still have Photoshop CS6 on my computer. I don't have this problem in CS6 and I haven't been able to replicate this problem there. I checked the File Handling section in Preferences, and all my options are the same in CS6 and CC.

Has anyone else had this problem, or can anyone think of any solutions? I use Save As quite a bit, and I'm getting tired of having the prompt come up every time I close a file that I just saved.

Auieos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have cloud so bear with me.

Does CC save your files 'in the cloud' aka online as well as locally?
I am imagining a scenario where online saves have no idea what changes have been made since last save so as a precaution it asks you to save before you close PS.

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the answer, also not on CC, but I imagine it operates the same as all other versions, but it occurs that maybe recording a quick action might be a workaround.

The asterisk is puzzling as it means that there are unsaved changes, since opening the file. It's an old chestnut, but have you tried resetting your preference file?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: