PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Photoshop cs4 64bit woes.. not responding etc..
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

markm75

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Photoshop cs4 64bit woes.. not responding etc.. Reply with quote

I have one end user who is having an issue, which i can seem to pin down..

They are running photoshop cs4 64bit on a quad core 2.4ghz system, with 4GB memory (2GB free with photoshop up)..

I personally havent been able to replicate this..

But,

When they open a project, and click on the "eye" for layers or do other actions, their photoshop becomes "not responding" and they end up having to close the process to continue..

I cant seem to find a fix for this anywhere..

I have tried running the program "as administrator".. verified video card drivers etc..

Its on windows 7 x64 ultimate with an nvidia geforce 8600GT graphics card.

It doesnt seem to matter which project they are working in either..

Has anyone ran into this one?

Thanks

clivrowe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: photoshop cs4 64bit not responding Reply with quote

I also have not responding problems with cs4 64 bit, I am running windows 7 professional 64 bit on a dell studio1747 laptop, I have 6 gig ram and an i7 intel processor and 2 internal hard drives. I get not responding at random times when I ask a process to work, say select by colour or add a selection to a layer. Usually the not responding runs for a minute or two and then returns to normal operation.

Any suggestions welcome - I am a new member Confused

markm75

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: photoshop cs4 64bit not responding Reply with quote

clivrowe wrote:
I also have not responding problems with cs4 64 bit, I am running windows 7 professional 64 bit on a dell studio1747 laptop, I have 6 gig ram and an i7 intel processor and 2 internal hard drives. I get not responding at random times when I ask a process to work, say select by colour or add a selection to a layer. Usually the not responding runs for a minute or two and then returns to normal operation.

Any suggestions welcome - I am a new member Confused

We just discovered that running the 32 bit version doesnt seem to develop the not responding issue.. so far anyway..

It would be nice to be able to run 64bit though

clivrowe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip - going backwards to get forwards. Looks as though CS4 64bit does not run on windows 7 at the present time. Lets wait for Adobe to get it sorted. Clive

clivrowe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just down loaded and installed an update from adobe which - touch wood - appears to have solved my problems with 64 bit.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4292&fileID=4003

Hope this helps

clivrowe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regrettably the 64bit gremlins were only resting and returned a couple of projects later. The good news is I have disabled Open GL drawing ( Edit - Preferences - Performance - GPU Settings) and I have not had any recurrence of the "not responding" problem in 64bit. Touch wood!

clivrowe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

64 bit gremlins attack again. I have reverted to the 32 bit version of photoshop but I notice that 32 bit version only sees and uses 3 gig of ram although I have 6 gig installed. Is this because the the other 3 gig of ram is serving the other 32 bits I am not using? I have a moderate technical understanding gained over the years starting with apple 11 and progressing through all the versions of dos and windows including a brief spell with Unix but as you may see I am not fully proficient in the system mechanics.

eliteflyers_com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just down loaded and installed an update from adobe

clivrowe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I finally resorted to paying Dell to sort out the problem. What they did is to disable nearly all of the routines which autostart and run hidden in the background and also most of the routines which put icons in the notification bar bottom right of the screen. Check your autostart routines in c:\users\appdata\username............ problem solved. Big Grin

markm75

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For us, the update was the fix, no issues since updating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: