PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Photoshop elements 8 problems
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

andibrook

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject: Photoshop elements 8 problems Reply with quote

Ive just purchased photoshop elements 8 and im having some problems with it. If I open a photo from the desktop using elements it comes up with error message 'Adobe photoshop elements 8.0 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available'.
No solutions comes up!
Also when im in photoshop it doesn't allow me to do any editing, nothing loads up.
When I first installed elements it worked fine and let me edit, but since then the above problems have occured. Ive un-installed the program and re-installed it and also gone back to the shop and swapped it for another, but still no joy!

I thought i'd post on here first as adobe support don't work on the weekends, and im sure there's someone on here that will know.

TIA

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleting the preferences file has been known to cure many ills. You might want to try it.

Hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac) immediately after (or while) launching Photoshop. A prompt will ask if you want to delete the preferences file. Click Yes.

andibrook

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkeye wrote:
Deleting the preferences file has been known to cure many ills. You might want to try it.

Hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac) immediately after (or while) launching Photoshop. A prompt will ask if you want to delete the preferences file. Click Yes.

Thanks for the advice but its still doing the same thing.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you uninstalled, did you restart the computer before reinstalling?

If not, delete the preferences file first, then uninstall PS, restart the computer then do the reinstall.

andibrook

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkeye wrote:

If not, delete the preferences file first, then uninstall PS, restart the computer then do the reinstall.

Yes I did restart the computer before re-installing.
Does it matter how many times you re-install it?

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andibrook wrote:
hawkeye wrote:

As far as I know it doesn't matter. You stated that PS was working, have you installed any new software on the computer?
Have you tried a system restore to a point before the problem occured?

andibrook

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkeye wrote:
andibrook wrote:
hawkeye wrote:

As far as I know it doesn't matter. You stated that PS was working, have you installed any new software on the computer?
Have you tried a system restore to a point before the problem occured?

No I havnt installed any new software on the computer and I havnt tried restoring anything as its literally a brand new computer. Confused

Webby

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem. I bought a new system and the Photoshop Elements 8 as well as Adobe Premiere Elements 8 were both already loaded on the system. Every time I tried to start up the PSE a box would briefly pop up saying I needed to use Premiere.

When I tried to open one of my scanned drawings (uploaded from the old computer) with PSE I got the same message about a problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

I did a Google search about this earlier and found a page (can no longer find it) that said something about not having a plugin for a scanner.

Thing is, I have an all-in-one printer/scanner/copier that I used with the old computer but after buying this one I learned there are no drivers for this printer to make it compatible with Windows 7.

Could the problem be that I don't have a working scanner hooked up?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: