PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Pixal aspect ratio
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

p3aul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Pixal aspect ratio Reply with quote

I can't understand why photoshop alwas opens a tiff file with a weird aspect ratio. when it opens it used to say that I could change this in preferences, but I can find no place to change this. All other files open correctly.
TIA,
Paul

pixel8or

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you create the tiff file or did you download it off the internet? If you did create it yourself, was it using Photoshop, some other image editor or with a digital camera?

p3aul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded it off the internet. The aspect ratio is correct when viewing in the browser, but when I click the download button I'm actually downloading a higher resolution file that can be printed. I would think that whoever designed the page and the site would have formatted it to view or print correctly, since that would be the purpose of having it downloadable. the correct option would be square pixels but it is opened in PS as a ratio of .5. I believe that would make each pixel twice as long as it is wide.
Paul
Edit: if I right click and download the image on the page all I get is a gif image at lower resolution(72)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: