PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
(Please read!) A moral question about Photoshop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

sesalpinogamer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: (Please read!) A moral question about Photoshop Reply with quote

Hey, guys, how you are all doing? Amazingly, I hope.
Well, very recently I got Photoshop trial, because I was amazed by some of the amazing artworks and caricatures of ficticional characters (Basically from videogames), and I really wanted to make my own. So, I spend ~a day thinking of what I wanted to draw, thinking about every single detail, I googled every tutorial I needed and moved on...
Everything went so wrong. All of those amazing effects I was planning gave me the middle finger and didn't work, and really, even trying to MAKE A SKETCH was almost impossible, because I don't really have that much of a steady hand. But I kept going on, Errors for making these cool things halted my dream of being a game programer, since they break the game, but on Photoshop? Nah... I started drawing, 3 hours later, I had a drawing a CHILD could do in 30 minutes on MS Paint. I had no idea what to do, for the first time ever, I couldn't draw well, and the effects were not working eighter.

And so I make the question... Should I just quit? I've been trying to be a decent drawer for YEARS, but I had no sucess, no mather how hard I try, I just can't do it.

So, just answer that question, and if possible, do you have any tips or tutorials on how to fix these things I said? But well, I'd rather just quit now, no mather how advanced the effects I use are, I still draw like a kid.
Bye, have a good day.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photoshop really isn't designed for drawing. Illustrator is more in line with that.

In either case you're likely better off with a pad and pencil, then scanning it into the program. And you will definitely want to get a pen tablet, rather than try to use just a mouse.

jannatul18

PS Version: cs6

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing is, you cant be perfect in one day whatever the platform is! You should have to have good knowledge on designing work before you can go for any creative one. Photoshop is a tool full of lots of features which need to be familiar by you before following any online tutorial here. Start learning about the tools first before creating something.

Jade Roberts

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkeye wrote:
Photoshop really isn't designed for drawing. Illustrator is more in line with that.

In either case you're likely better off with a pad and pencil, then scanning it into the program. And you will definitely want to get a pen tablet, rather than try to use just a mouse.

100% agree that Illustrator is better for drawing. Indesign might also be better for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: