PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Polygonal Lasso + Brightness = Unwanted Glow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

PSBurger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Polygonal Lasso + Brightness = Unwanted Glow Reply with quote

Whenever I use the Polygonal Lasso tool lately, and then modify the brightness of the item selected, it creates a "GLOW" around the *outside* of what I have selected. So when I deselect it, there is now this "aura" around the item.

I have gone into all the settings, messed with "Feather" and the 4 or 5 other options and I see no way to eliminate this. There should be no changes outside of the selected item. Yet it seems to be reaching past the selection line just a bit, all the way around.

Here's an example:

Before: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-o5pLVi_scWg/VBCLKT8m5tI/AAAAAAAAQ8s/G0hv2vj7zfw/w541-h7 63-no/00101.jpg

After: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-_7gp_oEU9Xg/VBCLKdb783I/AAAAAAAAQ8o/7hC7JpP2nI8/w541-h7 63-no/02019.jpg

username27447

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like feathering to me. Make sure your feathering is set to 0. If you have any feathering at all it will bleed past the selection.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: