PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
can't free transform anything
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

romaphix

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: can't free transform anything Reply with quote

need some help, working on a file and can't free transform anything. ANYTHING. tried being in numerous different tools, using the shortcut, using the edit menu, closing and reopening the file. and not one of the layers is locked either.

only thing that works atm is copying what i want to a new file, hitting ctrl+t and doing my thing then chucking it back in. which is a phenomenal b*tch.

cheers

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to transform any unlocked layers, you dont say what you are doing, so I'll tell you what I do and see if that works click on a layer on the layers palette (to highlight it) then CTRL +T then using the move tool you should be able to drag the layer around, for some of the options I go to the edit transform for for things like skew, distort etc and just drag a corner. Wayne

cbadland

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Transform grayed out in the Edit menu?

Make sure you are not in Quick Mask mode. (and be sure you don't have a vector tool selected, but it sounds like you checked that already.)

phgnome

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And make sure you're not doing the Free Transform on the background layer. If all you have is the background layer, make a duplicate layer and you should be able to FT the duplicated layer. The background layer seems always to be locked by default.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: