PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Action is loosing file path
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

lyleesam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Action is loosing file path Reply with quote

I am working with Photoshop (PS) and I’m looking for a work around to an irritating action dilemma. I happen to be working with Photoshop 7.0 on Mac OS 9.2 but I have seen this problem since I first learned about PS actions circa PS 5.0.

The action is fundamentally quite simple; I am opening a file and saving it as a Tiff into a different folder.
I.e. (Open the file at Hard Drive/Source PS Files/File1.psd and put into Hard Drive/TIFF Files/File1.tif)

I am required to run this action on 80-250 file a few times a year. The difficulty arises when I delete the Folder Hard Drive/TIFF Files/ for the six months in-between jobs. Even if I create the folder again at a later date with the exact same name the action can’t find the folder. I was wondering if there is a way to save the file path in a different location than the save command so that I don’t have to rewrite the script every time I want to use it. Or better yet get PS to see the folder by it’s name so that PS can process the files.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: