PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Help with creating a frame around an image.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

AreaOne

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 5:17 pm    Post subject: Help with creating a frame around an image. Reply with quote

Hello all....newbie here to the board as well as Photoshop. I would like to know how to create the frame around the image like the one I have attached.

I got this from deviantart.com so it is not mine, I just needed an example to use. How would I go about making the frame around the photo like this person did? Thanks for any help!!

Traffic_Lighting.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.69 KB
 Viewed:  1919 Time(s)

Traffic_Lighting.jpg

Alzeric

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.: Well quickly looking at it, I'd do the following to recreate :.

1.) Dark Grey Background
2.) Create a new layer (Use Marquee Tool and create a Square marquee and fill white.
3.) Goto Layer Blending Options (dialog) and check mark Drop shadow - (play with the settings till it looks the way you want it)
4.) place Image in new layer above the white (drop shadowed box)
5.) create a text layer for pic title

.: Obviously you're going to use Cntl-T (transform) to resize everything to get it just right :.

NOTE: On Resizing .: If you plan on resizing the image portion just remember resize smaller not larger for the simple fact that when you enlarge the picture gets blurry creating an undesirable effect :.

.: This isn't really too difficult to recreate try just messing around with various tools and learn the features of photoshop and what it can do. The more practice you have the better you'll become at being able to decypher images and being able to recreate :.

.: Sorry I'd normally include screenshots but I just formatted my PC and haven't got PS7 reinstalled yet :.

~Alzeric

jiteye

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's some plugins' you can download, that can do simple framing in a click of a button.
Most of these should be free, and from there it gives you a good idea of the way it will look.

You can always play with your blending options
to adjust the frame effects as you see fit.

Thumb Up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: