PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Help with Photoshop and Fireworks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

kris10

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Help with Photoshop and Fireworks Reply with quote

I am designing my own website using Photoshop (to create buttons, etc.) and Macromedia Fireworks to layout my pages. Then I am going to export them into Macromedia Dreamweaver when I am done.

I went to the link below and did the tutorial for creating a glass pill button. I got the exact same thing they did and now I am wondering how I need to save it or export it from photoshop into Fireworks so there is no background? If you look at the bottom of the tutorial in the link below, it says it will be transparent and allows you to see through it.

When I made it the first time and imported it into Fireworks, it came in with a white background. I have a background in my PS file (because the tutorial led me to create a new file with a white background) but even when I delete the background to have just a transparent button and save it as a PS file and JPEG file it still brings in a white background behind it making it NON transparent. Anyone know how to do this so I don't have to sit there and erase all of the white space and hope to get them all erased exactly the same after bringing it into fireworks .

http://biorust.com/index.php?page=tutorial_detail&tutid=30

witam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ajpg-format doesn't allow for transparancy. You need to either choose png or gif to have transparancy. (Flash supports png transparancy i'm not sure Fireworks does.. something you'll have to find out)

http://members.chello.be/wotsa
http://www.shadowness.com/witam

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PNG is native to Fireworks, although beware in using then on the web as IE has no real clue on how to display them. For a good workaround try this....

www.alistapart.com/articles/pngopacity/

kris10

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that sounds kind of confusing. I am I guess and amatuer at web design and terminology. I am between amatuer and intermediate with Photoshop. I will read it and come back probably with questions. Thanks. (I really want the "glass pill" buttons so I am going to try to figure it out so I can have that and it still disply well with IE or any other browser.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: