PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Newbie Print Size Problem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

chris18

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 3:23 am    Post subject: Newbie Print Size Problem Reply with quote

Hi, I'm a newbie to Photoshop and the Forum. (now bookmarked)

I've recently decided to concentrate on using Photoshop 7.0 having switched between various other packages and finding I didn't become an "expert" in any.

There are lots of questions I could raise about Photoshop, as I'm sure all beginners find.

However I'd like to concentrate on one issue that is driving me mad at the moment.

I am using an Olympus Camedia C-860L, 1.3 Million Pixels (I'm hoping to upgrade to a camera with higher pixels in the near future), an Epson Stylus Photo 750 printer (I'm using the Epson Windows 2000 driver on advise from Epson as there were colour mismatches when using the default Windows XP driver)and Windows XP.

I usually set the printer so that the Media Type is either Photo Quality Ink Jet Paper or Photo Quality Glossy Film and the mode to Custom>Digital Camera. Given the limitations of the camera I'm quite pleased with the print quality of the end result using these options. I only use Epson paper and ink cartridges.

When downloaded from the camera Photoshop reports the image size as Width: 1280 pixels Height: 960 pixels.The document size is given as Width: 45.16cm Height: 33.87cm Resolution: 72 pixels/inch.

First question is that the Epson only prvides one paper size option specifically for photo paper and that's Photo Paper 4 x 6in. Is there a way of adding Photo Paper 7x5in (my preferred print size) and 10x8in?

Secondly, I'm finding that whatever print options I set, the printed image is invariably just slightly smaller than what I want. I usually use the Print With Preview option and if for example I set the paper size to Photo Paper 4x6in and if I tick the Scale to Fit Media option within Scaled Print Size the Height changes to 10.767cm and the Width to 14.351cm.

If I don't tick the Scale To Fit media option I only see a portion of the image in the window.

I've also used Picture Package but again the final printed image didn't quite match the size I thought I was printing.

Can anyone help me sort out how to get the final printed image to the size I want?

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: