PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Image Browser
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

jiteye

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Image Browser Reply with quote

Photoshop7 promised great things with the release. One of which was the "file browser". Personally I feel it was a valiant effort, but comes up short in the performance end. It merely adds to the memory resources that PS7 already uses. I find myself using ACDSee. The resource allocation utilization seems much better.
However I recently aquired a cash of Photocd's, in excess of 50 cds worth of top quality images. Now ACDSee is having a hard time, cacheing the previews ect.
Some cd's contain upwards to 7,000 images and the whole process of finding images has become a tedious and time consuming one.

So my question is anyone suggest a better viewer? or perhaps one they feel performs well given similiar situations.

plse Idea

Kinja Kahn

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a gig of ram and an NT based OS such as XP/2000

BrideXIII

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, sorry I am gobsmaked at you needing 7000 images in the first place, i feel for you though, I have no were near that many and going through them is a headache, especially when I can't remember where the one I want is. I have yet to try any sort of system for caching them. I just catalogue them into folders and search by subject.( which probrably explains why I can never find them.)

WildWitchin | Template Magic | The Cauldron | Celestial Magic

jiteye

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do... I have
1g ddr ram / Win 2k pro.

Definetly alot of images... But they were free , & they're royalty free, so they have become a great resource.

BrideXIII

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so what does this file browser that you have actually do, that say for instance, windows picture and fax viewer doesn't? ( yes I am thick I know).

WildWitchin | Template Magic | The Cauldron | Celestial Magic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: