PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Need suggestions on improvement
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

JuggleNuts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Need suggestions on improvement Reply with quote

http://www.clanfrancium.com/news.php

First off, I know I need to resize the logo (I had momentarily forgotten that not everybody uses resolutions higher than 1024x768).

I need some suggestions on what I can do for the background of the header. I wasn't too keen on the equalizer-style lines to begin with, as a friend had made it for me. I've tried a few different things which all turned out like crap, and I am just not getting any good ideas. A friend noted that it looked too empy up on the right-hand side as well.

It is a Half-Life 2 site, and I do have a couple of good images I want to put up there. One is of a guy standing, but he has some white luminosity (being lighted by white) and that looks horrible with a black / dark theme.

Otherwise, what does everybody think overall? C&C (comments and critiques) welcomed, both good and bad. I'm hoping to get this site open to the public soon, and just haven't had much chance to ask people for feedback.

JuggleNuts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, changed the background of the header to a grid, made the main logo smaller, and added some random pictures to show up on the right.

TiDaL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, you've got a great idea and the placement is awesome... color scheme could be a little maybe brighter and you need to clean it all up and make it look complex or cleaner

JuggleNuts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply :)

Yeah, there were a few things I sill am wanting to change to make it a little better, such as the scrollbar colors, and the phpbb's row1 and row2 colors, but for the most part, it is supposed to be a bit dark, mixed in with the bright orange.

TiDaL wrote:
...and you need to clean it all up and make it look complex or cleaner

Maybe it's the lack of coffee today, but I don't really understand what you mean by this. It seems that you're saying I should either make it more complex, or make it simpler :-s

One other thing I was thinking about was maybe resizing the buttons down a little bit, but I'm not sure yet on that. Would it look tacky if the button images changed to a 'down' position when the mouse hovers over it?

TiDaL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh no it's my lack of a brain, i just feel it needs to be more complex like all ur stuff is big and spread out like you grid which should be a lot smaller... if you made the mouse-over buttons smaller it would mess up ur spacing and everythign would shift the other icons when you moused over them

JuggleNuts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm.. right now it's at a 20x20 pixle grid, I'll see how it looks starting from probably 5x5 or so.

As for the size of the buttons, do they seem a bit overwhelming there in the header? I think they look fine, but then I change to smaller resolutions and they look pretty big, and seem to take up more header space than I'd like. Guess I'll have to play with that a bit too.

Thanks a bunch for your crits, it's really appreciated :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: