PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
HELP I need some hosting and a domain name for my clan site!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: HELP I need some hosting and a domain name for my clan site! Reply with quote

Hello all,

i really need somewhere to host my clan site, and somewhere to get a domain name as cheap as possible, does anyone know where to get one for free?

Free File Uploader for Everyone to use
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

ZeroPower

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you sign up for freewebs or tripod I know you can make a website then go to www.dot.tk and you can transfer your freewebs site so its a .tk website. an example would be http://freewebs.com/pwnage would turn into www.pwnage.tk or w/e.

ekosh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geocities is always free, there is a company i use called jiffynet.net and they have really nice packages that will allow you to use phpp and set up forums and stuff, check em out. like i said they arnt free but are very cheap with fast servers and its nice if you want to set up a forum

Ahayes04

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For $4.95 u can get a good deal at Forge Hosting, its 4.959 a month and 9 dollars a year for the domain, thats if you dont have one yet, its pretty good u get 20gb file transfer and 1000 mb space, i had it for a while untill i stopped my website, but they stopped billing me and apparently they are still hosting my website cuz i can still edit it from frontpage and see it and all that kind of stuff, people can go there too. Also Bravehost is a pretty ok host, as long as u dont got big files on ur site then ull probably never use up the traffic allowed per month, what i did was put my stuff on a file hosting site and such and then link to the dl place and then i culd have big files for dl on the site but it wuldnt take up traffic cuz itsn ot actually on the site and its not uploaded, its linked to another place, if u get what i mean.

www.forgehosting.com

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thanks for your help, ive just decided to host it myself anyway, cos i run gentoo linux, and will use apache to host my stuff for me, i have a pretty good machine aswell so itll be good, thanks for your help though anyway guys

Free File Uploader for Everyone to use
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: