PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Image Manipulation??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Oct0berMagic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Image Manipulation?? Reply with quote

I'm very new to PS. I wanted to know the steps to manipulte pictures. For example how would I take a picture of me and put my head onto some one else body? Is there there somewhere on the net where i can learn to do this? Or can someone here tell me the steps? Thanks From B4

Datameister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, where to begin? Well, it depends on what exactly you're doing. Let's say you want to put your head on someone else's body, like you said.

First of all, it's important to pick good source images. Imagine the final product with the two pictures you have. Would it look right? Would your head be at the right angle? This is a surprisingly important step that's easy to forget.

Once you have two good source images, open the picture of you. Now, there are a number of ways to select your head so you can copy and paste it. This way's probably the easiest to learn. Pick the Polygonal Lasso tool from your toolbox. Click (don't drag) at points just outside the outline of your head. You're basically connecting the dots to form a shape around your head. Once you've brought the cursor back to your starting point, connect the end to the beginning. You should see a dashed-line outline around your head.

Go Edit>Copy. Open your other picture and go Edit>Paste. A new layer will appear with your head in it. By selecting the Move tool and clicking and dragging, you can position the head wherever you need it. Use Edit>Transform>Scale to resize the head as necessary.

Now comes the trickiest part. Using the Eraser tool (pick a soft-edge brush at first), erase the edges of your head until it looks right. You can always use Undo or Step Backward to undo unwanted changes.

There are more advanced ways to do this that can yield better results, but if you're new to Photoshop, this technique should work just fine. Let me know if you have any questions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: