PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Photo enhance techniques?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

qwik3r

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Photo enhance techniques? Reply with quote

Hey guys, new to the forum but have been using PS for a few years, would still call myself a novice who does some small graphic design and retouching every now and again. Anyway i have a picture that my friend gave me of him and his GF from they're prom. Now i have already edited it and printed it out with my canon photo printer and the girl looks good but the guy is white and looks to be over exposed. I played with the levels, the sharpness and curves and haven't been able to come up with anything that really pops and makes the pic come alive. I was wondering if someone could share some techniques with me or possibly be kind enough to edit the photo for me and tell me what they did exactly. I have supplied the orignal unedited image in JPG format here: http://www.firebirdomain.com/jNrobORG.jpg Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

P.S If anyone does take a crack at editing it for me please leave it in its orginal format so that I may be able to change the size for different sized photos, thanks a bunch.

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres what I did. Wayne

Make a duplicate image (image>duplicate)

lower contrast on the original (image>ajustments>brightness/contrast ) set contrast to - 25

Duplicate layer (layer>duplicate layer) and set the blending mode to colour

Make a hue/sat layer from ajustment layers (layers palette>ajustment layer>hue/saturation) and up the saturation to 50

go to the background layer and add a high pass filter (filters>others>high pass) and set the radius to 1

Now it should look orange, what you are seeing is the basic colours.

Now go to the middle layer (the duplicate) use the eye dropper tool to select a colour near the blown out area (the face) and using a low opacity soft brush paint over the grey areas, go easy you only need to just cover the area or it will look wrong, repete as needed, to check the effect turn off the hue/sat layer and change the blend mode of the middle layer to normal instead of colour. When you are happy, delete the hue/sat layer (drag it to the bin on the layers palette) ajust the image contrast and flatten the layers

Hope that helps
It wont let me upload a full image, it keeps saying max file size 200kb W

jNrobORG-copy-2-x.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  102.69 KB
 Viewed:  1202 Time(s)

jNrobORG-copy-2-x.jpg

Datameister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link isn't working for me. It says it cannot find the server.

There's something not quite right about the corrected image, though. I can see the edges of the edited area on his face, and his face is a bit grayish. Overexposed areas usually have low saturation, so merely darkening them without adjusting the saturation can leave a grayish tint.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: