PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Computers in movies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Brad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: haha yea Reply with quote

rpeeb wrote:
haha yea I agree with you. Right when I read the title "computers in movies" I was going to bring up Swordfish. Now I dont mind the warning boxes and that other stuff because I've never tired hacking anything. But would any hacker ever use a hacking tool with an interface? I dont think so! At most it would look like the dos prompt with a bunch of text no one understands.

packet sniffers have an interface. so do some brute force entry programs.

gecko

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are hackers and then there are script kiddies armed with other peoples scripts codes and tricks

http://thebluegecko.com

Datameister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't know much about hacking, but I've become very annoyed with the kind of hyper-animated, colorful, beeping GUIs you see in movies. I totally agree with you guys. Either work it out with Microsoft or Apple so you can show their OS, or develop something realistic that doesn't draw attention to itself. I imagine they could even get away legally with simply designing their own skins for XP using something like SkinStudio.

Of course, computer technology always becomes conveniently advanced and absurdly annoying in the movies. That's just the way movies work.

I'd like to apologize for this incessantly negative post! I don't know if I've ever posted something so...unhappy.

teddc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can get hold of it read "The Hacker Crackdown".
Set in the early '80's it's the true story of early phreakers and hackers and their brush with the FBI.

ted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: