PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
GRaphics Cards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

eMiR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: GRaphics Cards Reply with quote

CAn someone please help me out here i have a tight budget of $120 but my birthday is coming up (YAY!!!) so that might be extra 200-300 dollars so i need a new graphics card that can support CS:S and BF2 my computer is running at 2.8Ghz | 512DDR RAM | and has an onboard grapphics card Frown so if aynone can give me some prices in Australian Dollars id really appreciate it
Thanks

-eMiR

stevealmighty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd get something like the Radeon 9800 PRO 128. If you're an nVidia person, just get the equivilent to 9800 PRO. Bang for the buck, it's the card I'd get if I had that money. You should be able to pick it up for about what you have right now. Make sure it's a pro card though, as it has 8 pipelines for streaming the information, and is 8x agp (but also available for a pci slot). It's a great card and very fast, specially for the money. Might wanna check eBay, assuming that you don't mind second hand items. My best friend bought a 9700 PRO off eBay and has had no problems with it at all. If I were you, I'd upgrade your ram too, go with 1gb, that'll help you out a lot for gaming.
All gave some, some gave all.....Lest we forget that war produces veterans, wounded both mentally and physically, and it is our job to help them now, as they have already helped us all in ways we will never know, and in ways that we take for granted every day.

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF i were you, id get a 6800 Nvidia card, i think you could probably pick one up on youre budget, either that, or a ATi X700, which you can get for around the same price, and both can run any gane currently thrown at them, but bear in mind, BF2 is a very RAM dependent game, and no matter what kind of GFX card you have, it wont run well on full settings unless your comp hqs at least 1GB of RAM

Free File Uploader for Everyone to use
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: