PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Need help with Healing Brush!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Devchenka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Need help with Healing Brush! Reply with quote

Can someone explain me, every time im trying to use healing brush the window pops saying:
Option-click to define a source point to be used to repair the image.
I cant get it what it means....please those who are familiar with it explain.
Thanks

lasa

PS Version: CS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devchenka you need to press ALT key and then click on an area you want to use as the healing source (sample), then go to where you want to heal. (Alt on a PC don't know about Mac's)

Its just telling you that you need to define the point from which you want to take information.

Lasa

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, if you dont define an image point with ALT and select a part of an image, its like your trying to heal something with nothing, the whole point of teh healing brush, is to replace part of a texture of image, that has come out wrong, with another part of that texture or image that came out right

Free File Uploader for Everyone to use
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Devchenka

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for quick replay, but i still didnt get it, that's how hard for me to actually understand it fully.
What's ALT does, i have Mac by the way by clicking on healing source that i want to use, does it mean i have to open the same picture im working with, and take sample from that one to the other one im actually working with?
What i didnt get it is, seems like this web site http://tutorialized.com/tutorial/Absolutely-Flawless-Skin/6026 shows that its so easy to do, i mean how do you explain that, it doesnt even tell you take a sample from one object to another to make it right.
If you guys have patience please explain more specific if there is one.
Thanks

cbadland

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alt PC = Option Mac.
Healing Brush tool really is easy, once you do it a few times. Try reading the PS Help file if the tutorial does not work for you.
And yes, you can sample form another, separate image (something I did not know until you posted the question and i tried it out. Thanks! Always something new to learn... ;))

Devchenka

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbadland
...and how did you do that, did you duplicated the image...? Guys if you would give me a little more details that would be great. Im messing with photoshop all the time but its still hard for me.

Devchenka

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People please, help me, i have two documents open and the clone tool doesnt work this pop up again saying the same thing about healing brush, i didnt get it what am i doing wrong.

cbadland

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I missed your previous post.
Here is the official Adobe Healing Brush/Patch Tool tutorial:
http://www.adobe.com/web/tips/phs7healing/main.html

HB is pretty straightforward. Select the HB Tool and choose a brush size just a little bigger than your target area (let’s say a small wrinkle on a person’s face). Move the brush cursor over a smooth area (let’s say a person’s cheek). Hold down the Option key and click once on the cheek (you should see the cursor brush change to a crosshair target icon as you hold down the opt key). Now move back to the wrinkle and paint with HB over the wrinkle. You will be sampling from the smooth area of the cheek (you’ll see a little cross where the HB is pulling information.)
Good luck. Post again if you are still having problems.

Devchenka

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome thank you so much, i finaly did it, i cant believe it. Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: