PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Trouble when batching JPEGs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

rendering_farmer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:32 am    Post subject: Trouble when batching JPEGs Reply with quote

Hello every one. I am new to this board.

I want to batch a buttload of images I've downloaded from my camera. I've got about 400 right now, and more coming each day. The thing is I want to save them as JPEGs with whatever changes I've made and hey that sounds great. That's what the batch command is for, but it seems that when you batch "new" ie never before edited JPEGs despite the batch command, I get that horrid JPEG quality panel for EACH image. So to state it short and sweet: I can't batch them because I'd have to sit here anyway and click "quality-5-save" for every image.
Is there any way to override this panel?

I'm on Mac OSX Jaguar with PS7. My batch is thus:

-various image edits incl. brightness contrast image size etc
-add text
-flatten image

and in the batch window I choose the source and only have Include all subfolders selected. destination is save and close.

I'm probably giving more info than nessecary, but maybe one of you gurus will be able to suddenly pick out "oh you fool THAT's your mistake".

Please help. Aside from being dumb and unable to do a simple batch I am under time pressure.

JuggleNuts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you record a new action and run that as your batch? I recently did that for converting 600+ .png images to lower-quality .jpg files. I just opened one file, went through all the actions, and batched on the folder. One thing to make sure you record is closing the image file before you stop the action. Or else you'll end up with a ton of open images. That can be taxing on your processor and ram.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: