PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
WORKFLOW!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

vjphoto

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: WORKFLOW!!!! Reply with quote

Well, Hello everyone... I'm new to the forums and have many questions... I think first and foremost my main concern is workflow... I am a digital photographer, I work for magazines and models, i do portraits, fashion, etc... I have thousands of images and i'm only 27... I find that although i try to be organized and consider myself a fairly organized person i still think my filing system is a mess...
Ideally what i would like to do is somehow have a computerized system where I have a library of jpg images in some sort of software... where i can type in keywords or just view my library of jpg icons to find an specific image and then they file will tell me where i can find the image... like on a DVD or CD rom... I checked out Extensis Portfolio but it seems they don't have an easy way to convert my large files into small files for easy viewing and saving... i only have so much space on my harddrive and prefer to keep most of my images on CD or dvd and i would like to go through the process of collecting all my digital images and creating a jpg version for use in the library... is there an easy way to do this or will it inevitably be a pain?
anyway, just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on how they work to keep themselves organized in a sea of digital files...

also, i know there is a way to create some sort of file that allows jpg previews on CD's you give to clients.. .to make it that much quicker and easier for them to view the individual files on the cd without opening or without having a file browser since most have very simple imaging software on their computer... like a cache file or something? does anyone know how to do that? i am a mac os x , photoshop cs user

thank you in advance for your help

V

ps.. is there any other websites that post weekly tips and tricks for pro photoshop users on the www? would love to learn new things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: