PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
help colorizing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

lumpbuzcut

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:55 am    Post subject: help colorizing Reply with quote

I dont know much about "colorizing", i've tried many times but it never turns out even half way good, they always look like color-blind clowns. If somebody could point me to a really good tutorial or perhaps colorize this picture for me i'd greatly appreciate it.[/img]

grandparents.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  119.53 KB
 Viewed:  1606 Time(s)

grandparents.jpg

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

jackiemcghee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you make your selections very slightly fuzzy (featherd by 1px) you should be able to created the soft edges you want for each area. Then, it's a matter of filling those areas and using various layer blending modes (Hue, Color, Soft Light and Hard Light might be what you are after) until you get the subtle colouration you want.

It won't be a quick job though. I'd love to see the results.

thehermit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without searching through the myriad of resources myself you could do worse than www.retouchpro.com (I seem to be alway giving out that url, perhaps they would consider commision?;))
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: