PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
How do I load a file into the actions pallete
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

winky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: How do I load a file into the actions pallete Reply with quote

I am trying to load a chrome and glass from adobe studio exchange. It tells me to put it in any file and then choose load actions from the actions pallete menu,then click load. How do I do this? Thanks

cbadland

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are describing how to do it correctly. What problem are you having?

winky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbadland wrote:
You are describing how to do it correctly. What problem are you having?
ok now I feel stupid,butwhere is the actions pallete at?

ekosh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look at the picture below, if its not there go to the menus then go wind then actions and it will pop up there. Also it makes it easier if when you dl items from adobe studio you put them in their appropriate folders in the adobe file on your hargdrive example your actions would go in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Presets\Photoshop Actions and brushes would go in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Presets\Brushes and for examples styles would go in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Presets\Styles that way when you go to load you dont have to keep changing the directories where photoshop is looking for plugins

example.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  41.58 KB
 Viewed:  2022 Time(s)

example.gif

winky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekosh wrote:
look at the picture below, if its not there go to the menus then go wind then actions and it will pop up there. Also it makes it easier if when you dl items from adobe studio you put them in their appropriate folders in the adobe file on your hargdrive example your actions would go in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Presets\Photoshop Actions and brushes would go in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Presets\Brushes and for examples styles would go in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Presets\Styles that way when you go to load you dont have to keep changing the directories where photoshop is looking for plugins
thanks alot

winky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I have it their now and I dont know how I use it from the actions pallette,its a glass font affect.

cbadland

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You’ll get a lot of useful information by going to “Using the Actions Palette” in the Photoshop Help File.
Basically, the Actions Palette allows you to record and play back certain “actions” in Photoshop. To play an action, open the file you want to apply the action to, then select the action by clicking on its name in the Actions Palette. Press the play icon (the sideways triangle at the bottom of the Actions palette. Just like the play button on a DVD, video, tape, etc. player).
This will play the selected action on the file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: