PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Photoshop 6.0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

SWARM

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:58 pm    Post subject: Photoshop 6.0 Reply with quote

I don't currently have Photoshop, but my uncle called tonight and asked if I wanted his version since he doesn't use it anymore. It's Photoshop 6.0 as opposed to the newer version out. Is it a crap version? What's the major differences? How hard is photoshop to learn? Thanks for answering a few newb questions.

jiteye

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:33 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

6 is actually my favorite version.
I have both 6 & 7 installed, and switch back and forth all the time. I enjoy some of the "Improvements" of 7 , but as far as feeling at home its 6 all the way.

in short :
If it's all you know, or all you have its the best version
its all about you not the product. Big Grin

Read recently theres a newer version, Photoshop CS.
can't justify the cost... seems that they could have released a patch, rather than asking the devouted to cough up the typical adobe upgrade/full version prices.

SWARM

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you only pay the 700 dollars if you want to. There are enough people that have it out there, that it could be obtained if anyone wanted. It may be unethical to download or burn it instead of buying it.....but that's what happens when you charge 700 dollars for a piece of software. To me that price is the real theft.

beley

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm still using version 6. I didn't upgrade to 7 because the new features were minimal. I think I'll upgrade to the new CS though...

2BigFeet.com - Large Size Shoes for Men and Women
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

fnwolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWARM wrote <<Well you only pay the 700 dollars if you want to...It may be unethical to download or burn it instead of buying it.....but that's what happens when you charge 700 dollars for a piece of software. To me that price is the real theft.>>

How about 90,000 dollars for a car? If you don't agree with that, is it all right to just go in and take one? Or a stereo? Or whatever? People do the WORK on these programs in order to get paid for their ideas and their labor. If you don't agree with the price, use a cheaper program, and then it's not so hard to see why PS costs more than other products. It's theoretically the best product for this on the market, so if you want to use it, you pay for it. You want a Porche? Costs more than a Hyundai. And for good reason.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I agree with fnwolf. The real theft would be illegally downloading a program that others have put much effort into.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

ilikechikin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is cs a newer version of 7? or is it a different piece of software
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

fnwolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is cs a newer version of 7? or is it a different piece of software

CS could be called version 8. There's gobs of info on the Adobe site, and on other PS forums, if you care to look. One bad bit of press it has gotten is that they have implemented a new anti-piracy scheme that is much like that used by Windows XP. You must register the software, and then if there are any signifigant changes to your hardware config, you must re-register. I can understand their desire to undercut piracy, but the joke of the situation is that the software was available on hacker sites before the official release. So anybody who was going to pirate it did, and anybody who was going to buy it did, so who are they deterring by going that route?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: