PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
photoshop/imageready and slices
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

matelin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: photoshop/imageready and slices Reply with quote

OK..I have all my images ready to go.."i think" now I want to go to image ready and slice them up and add html for my editor. HOW is the basic way to do this?? i am in a stump... I am redoing my site but i want to use photshop and image ready for my new site..yes i am just a newbie.
when i slice the image up, i want to preserve the place where i can edit my text in my html editor..how do I achieve this>? I still want the same interface or image BUT need to be able to edit the text in the editor as well. any advice?? Cry Confused

White Warlock

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't bother with ImageReady. I just park guides up all over the place (the locations where i want to slice the pic, and make sure i have it set to 'snap to guides.' I then make a 'save-as,' "tempfile" and then flatten the entire image.

Once that is done, I then choose the 'rectangular marquee tool' from the toolbox and, using the 'snap to guides' feature, click and drag across from one guide intersection to the next.

I follow up with a Ctrl-C (copy command), followed by a Ctrl-N (new file command), a Ctrl-P command (into the new file, which, conveniently enough, is exactly the same size as the section you copied off from your original piece), and i finish with a Ctrl-S of the new file* (name it whatever that particular piece is).

Rinse, repeat. You'll be done in a fraction of the time.

*Save each section as jpg at quality 8 (lower and you get the junk at the edges). If your original piece is limited in colors (i.e, no gradiations... just a set amount of colors, preferably less than 16), then save the parts as gifs. But, and this is important, whatever you decide (jpg or gif), choose one or the other, not both, for all your parts.

matelin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i save all my slices in image ready now i want to save my pict with rollovers its a navigation bar..how do i incorporate that in frontpage?/

matelin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have all images with rollover images as well. do i copy the image ready code? how do i incorporate the roll overs to wrk in frontpage?? thanks..remember iam a newbie..

White Warlock

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I learned frontpage ages ago. Horrible program. Can't help you there... just wanted to state my disgust at Microsoft's pathetic effort in making a web design program.

matelin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am beginning to understand your statement..LOL So i am learning Adobe Go live for now.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrontPage gets a bad wrap. I don't use it, but I have used it and it is workable.

Adobe Go Live is probably better, though, if you can get it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

White Warlock

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i think the bad rap that Frontpage receives is justified. One of the most horrid of things it does is import a mass of code into your htmls, much of which isn't understood by non-Microsoft browsers. Also, my brother,who is a professional website/database designer, states that if you ever decide to take the work you created with Frontpage and work with it in other, more functional web design programs (Dreamweaver, Frontier, etc), all those html files have to be stripped of the excess coding. A time-consuming process. When it comes to Frontpage htmls, he charges for 'recreating' the pages from scratch... as it takes far less time.

Something to consider.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I understand your point. Of course, You can make FrontPage code however you want it to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: