PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
camera raw to photoshop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

susansem

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: camera raw to photoshop Reply with quote

I would like to make a print of a raw image from my canon powershot pro one camera. The image is in raw format. When I save the image on the desktop, photoshop doens't recognize it .... when I choose "open" from photoshop, the image is there, but not highlighted so that I can open it and print it... any help would be appreciated.

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which version of photoshop do you have, most of the newer versions will open RAW files ok. If your on a windows PC try Raw shooter (free)

http://www.pixmantec.com/products/rawshooter_essentials.asp

Lots of people think it's better than the PS conversion. It does do batch conversions as well.
Also check you have all the updates for PS, Wayne

susansem

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: thaks Reply with quote

I have a mac and I have photoshop CS.... : ( Sounds like I'm outa luck.

stevealmighty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried dragging and dropping them right into photoshop? Plug your camera into your comp then open up explorer (not sure what it's called in mac) then make that window smaller than your photoshop window, and drag and drop your image directly into CS. This may or may not work....sorry if it doesn't, but I have good luck with it with my camera.

Also, check the Cannon website for any software that may be available for your type of camera. You may end up opening your image in cannon software then saving it as something besides raw and re-opening it in CS. Kind of a pain I know Frown

Also, I believe that there is an update for CS, but I can't be positive...perhaps one of the other folks can say for sure........

All gave some, some gave all.....Lest we forget that war produces veterans, wounded both mentally and physically, and it is our job to help them now, as they have already helped us all in ways we will never know, and in ways that we take for granted every day.

susansem

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: sounds like a plan Reply with quote

I'll try it, thanks. Hope it works...

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CS should open Canon RAW (.CRW) without any proplems check you have the updates, I often open Canon RAW in CS (from an Eos) so yours should open ok. Wayne

cbadland

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you have the latest Camera Raw update from Adobe for Photoshop CS (should be Adobe Camera Raw 2.4).

edit: (and Wayne beat me to it!)

Also check Canon's site to see if they offer Raw convertion software for Mac.

susansem

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: raw Reply with quote

It wouldn't drag and photoshop doesn't recognize it, so I'll try for the update, thanks, all.!!!

niall

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I install and use 3.2 camera raw updates to view and edit CR2 files have downloaded them and DNG converter whats that for?

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DNG converter is to convert RAW to DNG (another sort of raw/tiff) photoshop should open DNG's the problem as I find with DNG (I wont use them now) is that while it converts your RAW files it leaves them in a format that most softwares wont open, unlike tiff which just about everything opens, also you cant save any changes to DNG (unlike tiff) so all you end up with is are 2 sets of effectivly RAW files.
Adobes idea is for everybody to archive with DNG, but I wont do that untill more softwares come on side and adopt the format, lets face it in the very unlightly event of Adobe closing it doors, after a while your DNGs would be pretty much useless. Personally I stick with TIFF, I can save the changes, and even windows can open them, as can people with older versions of paint shop, photo studio, etc etc etc! Wayne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: