PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Strange freeze-up with tablet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Haunus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevealmighty wrote:
On my comp running CS, I have a 200gb hdd, so I partitioned the drive, and it allows CS to have a seperate scratch disk from windows. Only downfall is that you'd have to reinstall your OS to partition your HDD, because I don't believe that you can partition your drive if it has the OS already on it.

BTW, cbadland gave some sound advice when he said to get more ram. It'll work wonders for windows too! Despite popular belief, you don't have to "match" your ram...meaning that if right now you have 2 sticks of 256mb ddr pc3200, you can take out 1 stick and install 1 stick of 1gb ram (can be purchased for just under $100) and you'll have 1280mb of ram (NOTE be sure that your ram is the same speed, pc 3200, pc 2700 etc.). Later down the road after you save your pennies, you can buy another stick of ram and install that to total your ram at 2gb. JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOUR MOTHERBOARD WILL RECOGNIZE 2 GB OF RAM (some motherbords will only recognize 1 gb max). Same with the speed of the ram. Man, I hope I didn't just confuse someone...... Confused

yea, you caught yourself at the end, most people wont be able to get much more than a gig simply because the motherboard wont recognize it...I remember trying to put too much RAM in my computer once, and it wouldnt read it, Iwas cursing and kicking the computer...ok I was calm and bewildered, but I learned something that day :)

stevealmighty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swanseamale47 wrote:
Steve, Adobe don't recomend using a partioned drive for the scratch disk, it means that it might try to read/write 2 areas of the same drive at the same time (not good), you could use a partioned area on another drive though. Wayne

Confused Confused Eek Eek

Really? Wow, never heard of that! And I thought I was doing something good when I partitioned my drive just for the sole reason of having PS use it's own scratch disk.....man, I'll have to post some questions in another thread so this one doesn't get off topic Big Wink

All gave some, some gave all.....Lest we forget that war produces veterans, wounded both mentally and physically, and it is our job to help them now, as they have already helped us all in ways we will never know, and in ways that we take for granted every day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: