PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Hey, I got a question about Tablet's and Photoshop settings
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Elcura

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Hey, I got a question about Tablet's and Photoshop settings Reply with quote

Well, basically I got my Tablet last christmas and I love having it, although the main problem is that Photoshop doesn't seem very friendly with tablets. I was using Open Canvas a while ago to draw straight on my comp, but a friend gave me a dodgie serial code, so now it's messed up.

I use Photoshop 7.1 and I'm wondering if there's a way to set my tablet for pressure sensitivity, i'm using wacom graphire 4 or something.

Basically, I wanted to know if theres a way to get sensitivity on brushes to mimic strokes? I'm having a hard time figuring this out =(

edit, I forgot to add, are there any other programs that are easily compatible with a tablet? I forgot to mention that I mainly like to do lineart with my tablet, colouring is basically the same.

Datameister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pressure sensitivity should work just fine as is, unless if your drivers aren't up to date. Make sure you've downloaded the most recent drivers from Wacom's site.

"Mimic strokes"? I'm not sure quite what you mean. All the Photoshop-specific pressure sensitivity settings are located in the brush editor. Can you be more specific?

All programs are easily compatible with a tablet. A tablet can function as a mouse all the time. Many programs have no need for pressure sensitivity, but just about all graphics programs make use of it in some way. You might want to try Illustrator if you want to do vector linework, but Photoshop is fine for non-vector stuff and even some vector stuff.

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go into control panel, pen tablet, and you'll get this pop up box (or one similar depending on model) you can ajust the softness/sensitivity from here. Wayne

ScreenHunter_1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  32.49 KB
 Viewed:  650 Time(s)

ScreenHunter_1.jpg

stevealmighty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should also be able to turn off the sensitivity in CS itself. It's done in the top right area of CS....turn off stylus....or stylus pressure or something...there was a thread about this very thing, but I can't seem to find it..... Confused
All gave some, some gave all.....Lest we forget that war produces veterans, wounded both mentally and physically, and it is our job to help them now, as they have already helped us all in ways we will never know, and in ways that we take for granted every day.

Elcura

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I've figured it out now a little, seems a bit weird and new though. If only I could control opacity with pen pressure, or is that just a wet dream? Currently I'm looking to make some watercolour and/or oilpastel brushes, but I can't seem to find any that work well =( do you think you could help me out?

stevealmighty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you can control the opacity with the pen....I believe it's in the settings within CS. Not sure about CS, but in PS6 its under brush dynamics, with 3 options; size; pressure; color. This makes it so that the tablet/pen controls everything.
All gave some, some gave all.....Lest we forget that war produces veterans, wounded both mentally and physically, and it is our job to help them now, as they have already helped us all in ways we will never know, and in ways that we take for granted every day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: