PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Some of my work
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Arnold

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Some of my work Reply with quote

Hope you like it.

This is one of my dreams (when I am sleeping) and I don't know what is the meaning of it.

This is my world which I am standing right now.

I like cars

Same comment

Same

Arnold

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new creation.

Arnold

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is also one of my visions.

venner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sorry, I dont like your work.

Doesnt appeal or stand out for me.

Sorry

Arnold

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

venner wrote:
Im sorry, I dont like your work.
Doesnt appeal or stand out for me.
Sorry

Sure no prob...
Thanks for the comment.

helcyon

PS Version: CS3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

something that would help you a lot, is to NOT put so many images together. It might seem like its cool, but its not very aesthetically pleasing. also when you are extracting/cutting-out images, you should use layer masks. and then with that, either use brushes with a variety of sizes, hardness, and opacity. or ues the pen tool to get nice, clean, crisp lines.

if you do want to do some sort of photo montage, collage thing, make one of the images stand out. If you are using too many images it looks much too cluttered and busy. so maybe use one of the images for some sort of texture in the background. then if you want other images in there, try using only parts of the image and make it stand out. work on placement of things too.

and when picking colors, try to use some sort of color pallet or color combination that reflects the images being displayed. dont just pick random colors.

im nowhere near the best or anything, but if you need help with anything let me know.

Shadow™

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ar you trying to achieve photomanipulation or just a collage?

First thing you should know is photomanipulation is taking a variety of diffrent pictures and merging them together to make something completely diffrent, an example would be taking a normal person and making them part machine and making it look real! A collage on the other hand is jumbled pictures which looks like what you have right now.

Wether your trying to achieve one or both of these things, learn photoshop shortcuts, and filter effects, what each does, feathers etc. this can help you greatly, you don't need any images to make a background in photoshop at all, im not a proffesional, but I could call myself pretty close in some areas, I'm fairly good at photomanipulation, I can take your face and make it a realistic planet!

I can help you with filter effects, and how to merge photos nicely.
the biggest problem with a collage, is that most images are blurred with cloud effects and stuff... and makes it hard ot make out, keep the images at full quality, only change opacity when nessesary, there's also easy ways to make certain photo's stand out in high quality, so it'll give it a good look, colors can make or break a piece of work, keep your colors basically monotone, but not completely, you should use diffrent shades of the same color.

Im not exactly experienced with collage manips myself, I specialize completely in space art and fantasy art. I can do templates, but I do know most of the ins and outs of photoshop, so If you have a question no one else can answer, i might be able to answer the question for you. Keep in mind im only human, and I don't know everything, but I do know alot ;). anyways hope my little rave on helped a bit, good luck in the future, hope to see you get better.

The last picture you posted looks much better then the other, the colors fit more, and it's more organized, but still can use some work.

Arnold

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Helycon and Shadow thanks for the advise I really appreciate it.
It will help me more.
Angel
I don't know what I am trying to achieve it is just that I am trying to picture out my dreams (the 1st one and the last one) when I am sleeping, the other one is I've just trying express myself that I like cars, sure guys I really need some help to improve my skills newbie here. And btw what is collage, photo manipulation, and also photo montage? Newbie here.

Thanks guys..

Angel

helcyon

PS Version: CS3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A collage and montage are pretty much the same thing. And that is what you are doing in your images. You just combine a bunch of different images into one composition. Photo manipulation is pretty much what shadow said. You take a photo and manipulate it. This can range from small touchups and color adjustments to making a face out of a planet or a man into a machine.

Here is a good site with all sorts of tutorials. http://psworkshop.net/psworkshop/
some are stupid, but there are a lot of good ones on there in different categories. There are also links to other tutorial sites. After doing enough tutorials you get familiar with the program and should have a good idea how to go about doing what it is you want to acomplish.

jdrumstik

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats your purpose, whats your depth? I Like to think either art from the heart and mind almost like Literature, or I like to think Comercial, here are some projects I did for my PS class

heres from the heart. The Vette was scanned out of a magazine, its the new 06 one, before it came out, thats my dream, thats why the vette is in color. Then reality is black and white, whihc you can see me, I pasted my self in their getting in the crappy Mazda Miata. The black car is infact my own car, with heavy alterations, coloring, masking, shavin ect
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: