PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Editing Action Parameters
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Leee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Editing Action Parameters Reply with quote

I have the following action:

Is there a way to edit the "In: C:\Poser......" line, where the image will be saved. I use some actions over and over again, but whenever I work from a different directory, I have to recreate the entire action because I can't figure out how to change this one line.

Thanks for any assistance,
Lee

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you double click on the step itself it should open the the dialog box for you to change (if I remember rightly) Wayne

Leee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, this is what I get when I double click on that particular line of the action.

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you have an image open when you tried that? without having the action to experiment with it's tricky trying to second guess whats happening. I made a simple save as action and I was able to alter the destination in the browser box that opened when I double clicked that stage of the action.
I know you can duplicate an action and modify it, say alter it from levels to a curves instead, but whether it would work in your case I don't know.

If you highlight the action and save it (in the drop down menu where you have the create new set etc options) and e.mail it to me I'll have a look when I get a chance, I'll PM you my e .mail. Wayne

Leee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayne,
Well you were absolutely right. I needed to have an image open first. That was a total "DUH!" moment on my part. I knew I've done that before, I just couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong.

Anyway, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
You have helped get rid of my stress headache and now I can get back to work!

Thanks again,
Lee

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems Lee, we all get those DUH moments, I get them all the time lol. Glad to be able to help. Wayne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: