PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
PF FT: Adding Copyright or Name to a Photo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> PhotoshopForums.com Tutorials and Featured Tips
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: PF FT: Adding Copyright or Name to a Photo Reply with quote

At some point or other most of us want to add our name or the word copyright to am image, typing in on works, but if you have a lot of pics it can get very boring. This is the method I use:

Step 1. Open a new document about 100x50 pixels with a white background (file/new).

Step 2. With the text tool selected, type on your name (or copyright or whatever) in black text.

Step 3. Go to edit/define brush, this creates a new brush in your brushes, you can now just select the color you want and select the brush tool and click on your image to add your name or copyright, etc. (The red copyright logo).

Now the final touches, for more impact try clicking it on a new layer above your image and then go to layer/layer style/drop shadow and then add the bevel emboss as well from the same list (the yellow copyright logo).

But, if you want one of those sort of see through watermarks add a new layer, click your copyright in black (thats important) now go to layer/blend mode and set it to screen (the lettering will vanish at this point, it's still there you just can't see it). Now go to layer/styles and just add the bevel/emboss for you watermark (the clear copyright logo).

Wayne

Babs

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that's very useful. Big Grin

buachille

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use an action for this.

first go to preferences and make sure that the measurement units are set to percent. this means that your copyright text will size itself to fit different sized pictures.

then just open one of your pictures and click new action and start recording. type the copyright text you want and save it somewhere (i have a folder where i temporarily save everything created with actions so that i can find them easy and also not overwrite existing pics).

stop recording the action.

now just use automate to apply it to your pictures.

always make a backup copy of a folder before you apply a batch action to it in case things go wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> PhotoshopForums.com Tutorials and Featured Tips All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: