PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
color blind !!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

apollo

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: color blind !! Reply with quote

Am I doomed or is there help for me? I’m some what color blind in a few colors, basically browns, greens and maybe gray. I enjoy working with scanned and digital pictures in Photoshop. There is nothing more frustrating than working for hours on a picture that I feel might be my best work so far only to have my wife ask, “why is there a reddish tint to that picture?” Or “I don’t remember that being the color of Bobby’s shirt” Is there someway in PS to be able to bring out the true color in a picture even though I might not be able to see that specific color properly?
I had heard that 70 to 80% of all males are color blind to a certain degree. So I know that there has got to be a way for me to survive in PS
Thank you all !!!

thehermit

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learn to colour correct by the numbers. There are loads of tutorials and helpers out there on the subject.

http://www.ledet.com/margulis/ACT_postings/ColorCorrection/ColorCorrection.htm

http://www.ledet.com/margulis/PP7_Ch02_ByTheNumbers.pdf

http://203.108.4.105/~binaryfx/PSTV_links.html (should have a few links on colour in general and a shed load of other useful stuff.

watersole

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I teach PS to a color blind artist. He is an illustrator for star trek; does the ships. He told me that he gets by with knowing the color's exact names, and in the case of photoshop, he will be using pantone colors as well as knowing the numbers. He also likes to make custom swatches that has the names he needs, as well as the pantone number if necessary. You may want to use the "auto" featurein the levels palette after you finish a picture as it will remove color casts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: