PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Snap to guides, scripts and actions...oh my!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

prbutler00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Snap to guides, scripts and actions...oh my! Reply with quote

Hi All, my first time to the boards. I am trying to figure out how to batch the following steps, if it is even possible, using actions. (Or is there a better way, I am an intermediate Photoshop user.)

I have two sets of files. I folder with blank t-shirt images (75 different ones) and a folder with decal images (400+) with transparent backgrounds, thus I need about 30,000 images created. These are the steps I need done.

1. Have the decal image layer brought into the t-shirt image and aligned so the top center of the decal layer is snapped to a point were two guides intersected. (Basically, so the decal layers top-center is aligned on the collar and just below the collar, not in the center of the shirt image.)

2. Then have the image saved for web combining the two files names. (Example, shirt file was named 221DP.psd and the decal file was named A233b.psd and the outcome would be A223b-221DP.jpg)

Of course there are other issues, for example, I would love to be able to control what decals are put on what shirts (ex, so not have a white decal on a white shirt) via a spreadsheet or database.

Thanks, Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: