PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Monitor Calibration
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Iceflow

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Monitor Calibration Reply with quote

When I startup Photoshop 8 I get a message saying something about my monitor profile and that I need calibrate it.

I checked the box saying do not show this message again and selected use anyway.

Now whenever I start Photoshop my colors are all purple.

How do I calibrate my monitor and how do I bring back that message so I can ignore the monitor profile instead of the "use anyway" option?

My monitor is a SAMSUNG 957DF and I initilized it with natural color and PS8 still says it needs calibration.

watersole

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your best bet it to use the adobe gamma program that comes with Photoshop. You can find it in your control panel. It has a step by step wizard that will guide you through the process.

You'll probably have to go into the color settings in PS as well. You can change the RGB working space to Adobe RGB 1998 which is a good general working space.

I don't know how to get the message back, but if you do the above it should help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: