PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Labeling the images
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

BennieBlanco

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Labeling the images Reply with quote

Is there an option to lable a batch images
I need to place them on my site but I want to have a site name on them
Doing one by one is no fun when you post 200-300 images every other day

Anyone?

watersole

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using version 7 or above, you can batch rename the images in a folder through the file browser.

Open the file browser
Select "batch rename"

In version 7, this is in the side menu, and in CS this is found under "automate"

Going from left to right: In the first field, type the name of the site, in the next field, choose "document name" from the pull down menu
In the next field, choose "extension"

You can do the naming in any order you want, and as long as you keep document name as one of the choices, it will keep the names you already have.

BennieBlanco

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watersole wrote:
If you are using version 7 or above, you can batch rename the images in a folder through the file browser.

Open the file browser
Select "batch rename"

In version 7, this is in the side menu, and in CS this is found under "automate"

Going from left to right: In the first field, type the name of the site, in the next field, choose "document name" from the pull down menu
In the next field, choose "extension"

You can do the naming in any order you want, and as long as you keep document name as one of the choices, it will keep the names you already have.

I don't want to rename the images I want to place a site name on them
like this

http://www.nocniagenti.com/index/components/com_akogallery/img_pictures/funny13_20040518_414895031.jpg

you see the nocniagenti.com layer!
but here I did one by one
can I do this with batch?

and yes I am using PSH 7.0
I also have Dreamviewer Studio can I do this in Fireworks?

Last edited by BennieBlanco on Tue May 25, 2004 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

watersole

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, I misunderstood.

Have you tried creating an action? then you can batch process a whole folder of images based on that action. The batch feature is found under file>automate>batch.

BennieBlanco

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

watersole wrote:
I'm sorry, I misunderstood.

Have you tried creating an action? then you can batch process a whole folder of images based on that action. The batch feature is found under file>automate>batch.

I never tried that .
Can you tell me step by step how to do it
Let say I want to ad one layer(logo ) to 200 pics

Thank's for your help

watersole

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After using actions for awhile you will get the hang of all the nuances. I will do my best to get you started. You should read the whole post before starting. Feel free to ask additional questions.

Note: you have to pick an image from the folder you want to use the action on as a base to create the action. Once you are done creating the action, make sure the image that you used to create the action is in its original state in the folder, or the action will try to reprocess it. Ya know what I mean?

THis is my attempt at explaining this:

1. open your actions panel
2. click on the new action icon at the bottom of the palette(next to garbage can)
3.Name your action something memorable
4.You can designate a keyboard shortcut for the action
5. click on record when finished entering this information
6. when you're done recording the action, go to file>automate>batch.
7.pick the action you created from the drop down menu
8.for source, press the choose button to choose the folder you want the action applied to
9. until you are more familiar with using actions, dont worry about the other settings
10. under destination, choose a folder for the newly processed images to go, or choose save and close
11. you can change the naming of the new files as indicated
12. click record.
13. now create your action by doing the task step by step. make sure to try to do it in the correct order. when you are done, click stop on the bottome of the palette. you can rearrange the order of the steps, and you can drag any of the steps to the garbage can.

you will want to have your logo image and an initial image to create the action open before starting recording. Have the logo copied to the clipboard.
The steps that you may want to use are
1. on the image getting the logo: add new layer
2. paste (this will add the logo to the new layer

you can press stop now if you are going to choose save and close from the batch dialogue. You will have to site and watch though, as the save dialogue boxes will open for each.

The following is taken straight from Photoshop help. which I recommend you read on top of what I wrote(since I may not be all that clear ;)

You can record most--but not all--commands in an action.
You can record operations that you perform with the Marquee, Move, Polygon, Lasso, Magic Wand, Crop, Slice, Magic Eraser, Gradient, Paint Bucket, Type, Shape, Notes, Eyedropper, and Color Sampler tools--as well as those that you perform in the History, Swatches, Color, Paths, Channels, Layers, Styles, and Actions palettes.
Results depend on file and program setting variables, such as the active layer or the foreground color. For example, a 3-pixel Gaussian blur won't create the same effect on a 72-ppi file as on a 144-ppi file. Nor will Color Balance work on a grayscale file.
When recording actions that include dialog boxes and palettes, the settings recorded will be the ones that are presently in the dialog box and palette at the time of the recording. If you change a setting in a dialog box or palette while recording an action, the resulting value will be the one recorded.

BennieBlanco

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how to tank you for this
But now I am @work so I will have to wait till I get home
but oince again thank you for taking time to explaine!!

BennieBlanco

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH
it work's like a charm
I created the whole action that actualy is saving it directly to the folder OPTIMIZE
thank you very much
I owe you !!! Birthday Big Grin Big Grin

BennieBlanco

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just one more thing on some pics it trows the font size
do you know why
let say from 200 pics 15 of them the font is biger then it should be
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: