PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Transpartent Background
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Unknown

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Transpartent Background Reply with quote

I'm trying ot create rank images for phpBB and its taken me forever for one reason. Everytime I use the background eraser tool and get rid of the background I don't want, some spots are left. Take a look @ the sword.html file in the zip file attached. I have everything in there and the .gif looks terrible.. Help Confused

The Extension 'zip' was deactivated by an board admin, therefore this Attachment is not displayed.

watersole

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried changing the settings for the background eraser tool? Maybe uping the tolerance so it gets more background? Maybe a different colored background would enable you to see that there are extra bits to erase. I noticed that you were using a black background, but when I changed it to a middle gray, I could see all the bits that were left , and then was able to erase them.

How are your selection skills?

BennieBlanco

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to
help>Export Transparent Image

SilentSerpent

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or select and delete the background first, then save it as a transparency.
To do this go to the layer with the sword and black background, then go to Select\Color Range, then click the eyedropper tool on the black part of the image you don't want to keep (in the sample image it brings up in a new window), and try setting the Fuzziness to the max. Click Ok, then Delete, and voilą! If you want to save it as a transparent GIF, then hide the background in the layers palette, and go to File\Save for Web, then experiment with the settings. What worked for me was a "GIF 128 Dithered" but you should experiment with the options. Hope this helps!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: