PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
I need help creating websites using ImageReady slices.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

K0mbat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: I need help creating websites using ImageReady slices. Reply with quote

Alright, now before you leave this thread thinking that I'm some newbie with website creating looking to start fresh, that's not the case. I've been using Photoshop for about six months now (although, I've used PhotoImpact before that for about two years). I now have a few questions on website text and backgrounds.

I am now going to use an example so you guys can see what I mean...

EXAMPLE HERE

Okay then, take a look at my example. What I want to do is put text on the box below the "Content". And when i put that text on there I want it to expand that box so the text will always fit no matter how big. That or I would like to add maybe a scrollable text box to that box. I can create a table in my HTML editor and add that picture as the background, but everytime I expand the text beyond that normal size, all my images seperate and go out of place. I'm guessing this happens because it stretches my slices out and try to fit them back into place. So then I try to fix it by making a repeating image on the V2 part of my example so it won't stretch, but it still does. So I am then forced to move everything above my text area. As such...

OTHER EXAMPLE

Also, when I add this text I'd like it to be a CSS style. But, I am also not sure how to do that either. I mean I just want some links to have simple rollovers. Like on this site, how the text turns red when you put your mouse over it. I am thinking of just add a simple "site in a site" on my text area. There again, I am not sure on how to go about doing this.

I am hoping someone on this forum has created a site using Photoshop/ImageReady slices and then using some HTML editing program. I don't think someone that just creates websites can help as good. Maybe this questions are broad enough to all website creaters, but I don't know.

To sum up my questions, I would like to know how to:
1) Put text on an image using tables and background images without stretching my ImageReady slices.
2) Put a scrollable text box on my site. And changing the background on the textbox and scrollbar colors.
3) Create simple CSS styles so I can have a rollover effect on my text (like from this site: gray to red).
4) Create a "site in a site".

I don't care if you only answer one question. I would really appreciate any help at all. Comments are fine too. Thanks in advance.

Triumvirate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3) The gray to red or anycolor to anyothercolor is a simple css style. Something like this:
Code:
a:link { color: #somecolor; }
a:hover { color: #somecolor; }

The hover is the one that controls what happens when your mouse is over it.

K0mbat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I knew that for the most part but the problem is that it can't use that at all on my sites until I actually get some sort of text on the box I want. And once I get text there, I don't know how to use a CSS style once it's there because I think you have to predefine styles or something...

By the way, I have Photoshop, ImageReady, Dreamweaver, Frontpage, and Flash MX.

Triumvirate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is what you mean but you can make a .css file (if you don't have one) and then in the top of the page you can put in code that looks something like this to link to it:
Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="file.css" type="text/css">

It should apply your CSS effects to any links that you have on your pages if you have the CSS code and are linking to the file.

K0mbat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright then, I think I got the CSS styling figured out. Now, to put it to work, I have to figure out how to get the text where I want it, while maintaining the background I want and making sure that it doesn't stretch my ImageReady slices (see the first example.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: