PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Help With paint Bucket
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

zyniker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: Help With paint Bucket Reply with quote

I can't seem to fill an area with the color I want. For example I am working on a gif button that is basically a rectangle with the words "view basket" in it. I want to change the color around the text to yellow, but when I use the magic wand to select the area and fill it with the paint bucket it turns purple every time. Even if I fill it with white first or even make the selection transparent, I still get purple when I fill with yellow. What am I doing wrong? I am using Photoshop CS.

viewcart_en.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  373 Bytes
 Viewed:  1858 Time(s)

viewcart_en.gif

S-D_Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your using a gif. GIFs only allow a certain number of basic colors. so, if you use a type of yellow, then it might not be on the GIF's palette.
Try changing the file to a BMP or a photoshop file and then edit it, and then change it to a gif.
(thats my prediction, i think it works)

zyniker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried what you said and came up with the same results. This is really weird and driving me crazy.

S-D_Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok then. wierd problems come with wierd results.
Since it turns purple when you paint it yellow, try painting it purple.

White Warlock

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you may have a blending mode set on that particular layer. Check to see that is set for 'normal.'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: