PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Why won’t Mac browsers or Netscape(PC) run my animated gifs?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Kalitechnis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Why won’t Mac browsers or Netscape(PC) run my animated gifs? Reply with quote

Greetings all, from a new subscriber,

Please can anyone tell me why Netscape or Firefox won't run my website's animated gifs (most of them, that is)?
And why it is the same with IE on Macs (I don't know yet about Safari or Netscape).

The animations, (not really animation -more a revelation- as nothing moves) all the images (thin thumbnail) and buttons, appear out of the white background, as the site opens (on a timeline). The only other animated gifs are the new thumbnails (links to larger images) that appear on top of the 8 original ones, on the other pages.

My site is here

I have tried taking them out of the preload list, as I figured this might have been the reason, but it made no difference.
As far as I can see, they should work. There are quite a few as you can see, and a few do in fact (occasionally) work. The expanding bordered white box that is the first part of the sequence(timeline) works without fail. Of the rest that don’t work, it is the final frames of each that are shown.

If you look at the site with Opera or IE (on which they work perfectly) I think you will agree they are not mindless annoyances, but integral to the opening sequence of the “portfolio”, and add a touch of class.

I have set the (Netscape) image preferences to accept all images, and “animated images should loop as many times as specified”, though they are set to run only once.

By the way, I am using a PC, and created the site in Dreamweaver MX.

Any elucidation about this would be very much appreciated. While not vital (after all the images are shown), it does spoil the effect of the images appearing out of nowhere.

Many thanks,

Kalitechnis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: