PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Color Questions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Contortionist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Color Questions Reply with quote

I need to redraw a map using a palette of certain colors. There cannot be any other colors in the map but those which are included in the palette. However, as I am drawing a new map upon an old one, there are colors from the old map. Maybe I should have started drawing on two layers or something (too late, I have made it a bmp already), I am not sure, because I am novice at photoshop, however, I have some ideas, how can I solve this problem. First of all, could you tell me, is there a way to make the pencil ignore certain colors (not color over them) but color over all the other colors? For example, I have a green patch which I do not want to color, but I want to color everything (each pixel) around it. The background consists of different colors. Another thing - maybe I can "filter" the unnecesery color out? Like telling the image that - all the colors which are not in this palette should be erased. Any ideas?

PS
The image is 10400x10400 bmp. It is being made for a program which will generate a computer game map file from it, that is why no pixel can be of other color than that which is included in the palette. And I am using PS CS2!

Thanks.

lasa

PS Version: CS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'd have to see how detailed the coloring is but..right of the bat I'd try, making selections with the magic wand or with the color range..you might be able tp use the replace color? Selective color?

Lasa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: