PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Critique A Beginner's stuff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

zipykido

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Critique A Beginner's stuff Reply with quote

I've been teaching myself photoshop for about a week now and I was just wondering if my retouch of this photo of my friend is any good. Also if there are any glaring things that I should be doing (aside from saving as jpeg).
Original:

Retouched:

Shadow™

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty well done. Did you use the Spot heal tool/brush, or clone stamp? Well in any way you did it, it looks well done.

The only real comment/critique I have to give you is that although either picture looks natural at first glance, the retouched version of the photo doesn't look as sharp. The definitions of her face "the stress points etc. etc." Look a bit blurry, it looks a tad unnatural, or that she has ALOT of makeup on haha. Either way, no one would be able to tell the difference without a comparison.

Only in photoshop can you have perfect skin.

gonzo13

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not bad although the teeth are too white and look like they are glued on her face. Not bad for first attempt.

greg-andrew74

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a bad effort for someone thatsnot been doing it long. I am just starting out on retouching so happy to critique and expect it back when i up mine. I would like to say that it looks like she has a lump on the right hand side of forehead... easily sorted though with healing brush.. well done mate... like it a lot! ;) oh the pupils look a little red too.. hope you dont mind me saying .. ;)

Ducky316

PS Version: 7.0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not bad at all for a beginner.....The problems I notice is that there is a dark line running up and down her forehead....and you ended up losing a lot of natural highlights on her skin with your touching up....The dodge tool is remarkable....make dodge and burn (shadows) your best friends :)
Good work! Big Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: