PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Lasso Tool Issue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

ukmm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Lasso Tool Issue Reply with quote

Good evening,

I have come across a very strange issue when using the lasso tool. When i start using the lasso tool and going around an object example a logo i will get half way through and the lasso tool just completes the selection so i've spent 5 mins selecting and it just completes it so the object aint selected. Very hard to explain tried google search and everything. I never had this prob on xp but now im on vista im having this issue. none of my friends have this prob and there on vista.

Its not user error because its happened several times. Tried two different mice, restarted, re-formmated my pc but this is still an issue. When it happens the screen sort of refreshes and then it just completes my selecting. Really annoying to a point were photoshop is unusable.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

UKMM

doubrovski

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ukmm,
Try Polygonal Lasso instead.

Hope this helps.

ukmm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I am currently using the Polygon Lasso Tool. It occurs with any lasso tool. I will start selecting an item and the screen seems to refresh and completes the selection. I have checked the mouse double click speeds and changed the mouse. I have also had the same problem on a different pc but both are on vista.

Matt
VIP

PS Version: Lightroom 5, CS4 & Elements 11

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ukmm,
This can sometimes be caused by memory issues. Go to Photoshop preferences and try adjusting the RAM Photoshop has access to (Edit>Preferences>Performance).
Hope that helps

paladyn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even better, switch to the Pen tool for selections. In the Layers palette, click the Paths tab, then the arrow in the upper right of the palette to drop down the menu. Select New Path, then grab the Pen tool from the toolbox.

The Pen tool has all kinds of advantages. You can add or erase control points at any time, paths are saved with the document, accidentally clicking off the selection path is easily corrected, selections created from paths can be made at any time, and feathering can be changed each time if you get more or less than you intended, you can move the pen when creating a control point to make it a Bezier control point, etc.

The Pen tool is the whip for selections! I never use the lasso tools anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: