PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Getting my color selector back the way it was
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Angelsong920

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Getting my color selector back the way it was Reply with quote

Hi,
I am not what you would call a beginner in that I have been using photoshop for over 5 years now on a daily basis. I recently had to reformat my hard drive and when I reinstalled Photoshop CS, I found that when I put text into a graphic, I can no longer pick the color from any color on the Photoshop interface nor can I put the color number in. There is only a box where I can guess on the color approximately.

I have looked and looked for whatever I did to get access to the Pantone colors. This is a for instance: I am making a graphic for a web page. I have a photo or something in the photo that has the color I want to use in the text. I put the text on the graphic click on the text color box to change the color and find I have no ink dropper to get the color. Nor is there anywhere to put the color number in as there was before. I have not had to reformat my hard drive before and so it has been a long time since I set my software up. I am getting panicky because I have work that really needs everything to work correctly. I also can't access the Pantone color palettes. I want that all accessible from the fill option. In other words select all, then click fill then allow me to click on color and put the color number in manually as well.

Anyone able to help me?
Ginny

doubrovski

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ginny,
My guess is that you switched to OS color picker.
Open your Preferences (Edit > Preferences > General) and choose "Color Picker: Adobe".

Hope this helps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: