PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Requesting Banner for Car Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Cash and Barter Market Place
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Sobær

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Requesting Banner for Car Site Reply with quote

Well, I've been looking around the forums at people's art and what not, and I have to say, I like what photoshop can do. However, I use the computer primarily at work, and have been building a site for a week or two now. So far, I'm mostly missing a banner, and a lot of content, hehe.

Anyways, the two pictures involved are located here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/Kamikaze_Tuning/ESPRIT_body_kit_2.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/Kamikaze_Tuning/ESPRIT_body_kit_4.gif

I'm up for anything really. One guy said he was going to do it, but hasn't, so I'm exploring other options. The size for the picture is 984 x 170. The 170 can be smaller if need be. The only thing I ask for is that it fits the site, which is below. The text on the banner would be Kamikaze Tuning somewhere, and in smaller print elsewhere the two names, Sobær and Mase. Nicknames of me and a friend. -.-

http://www.videowizards.vzz.net/index.html

I give my gratitude in advance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

BryanDowning

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

984 wide is huge for a web banner. It wont fit in an 800x600 resolution. Are you sure you want it that big?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Sobær

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. I know very little about graphic design. I wish I had the tools to learn, i know I would love it. Anyways, if that's to big, than no, don't I was just using the example logo with the template I used as a base. And when I right click it and check the size, it says that dimension. Confused So now, just wide enough to fit in the screen, I suppose.

Edit : Here's my attempt with Microsoft Photo Editor and Paint. x.x

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

webguy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what are you looking for?
A banner, or a website header. Both are different things.
A banner is usually 468x60 pixels used for adverts.
Whereas a header usually extends from one end of the website layout to the other end or as desired.

Keep up todate with latest virus scares, google, microsoft, linspire and more:
Web and Technology News

Sk3TcH

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i think you pretty much had the right idea,
heres something i whipped up real quick the font can be changed etc.
let me know what u think,
SketCH

Sobær

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ That one is wonderful, I like it a lot for a banner, but I made a mistake in what I said. I was looking for a web site header, and there was one submitted that I fell in love with. Thanks a lot for the help and what not, honestly. I like these forums a lot.

I do have to say, I like the fade you did better than the smudge I did. Big Grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Cash and Barter Market Place All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: