PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Automated actions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

emperorsnewclothes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Automated actions Reply with quote

I recently discovered the automated tasks facility and peed myself with excitement. I am often taking identically lit photos which I want the same size and compression. Nothing is more boring than processing 25 pics identically. Its rather like working on an assembly line!
The idea that I could just set up a few batches, take some photos and get on with something else while they are resizing, optimising and saving is obviously very attractive!

However:
For every picture I process the batch stops to ask me what file compression I want. That defeats the whole point!
I tried to include the save process as an action in my batch file, but then it saved all the pics with the same name, and not with the generated name facility in the automation window.

Surely there must be a way to set compression in the process and still use the generated filenames?!

All help will be very gratefully recieved.

b15fliptop

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

It sounds like you named the file you were saving while you were recording the action, so PS thinks that you wanted to include that as a function of the action. Open up your Actions palette and look through the steps of the action to see if this is the case (just click the little arrows next to each step to open a description of everything that PS is doing in that step). If so, you can merely select the "save as..." portion and re-record it by clicking the little record button at the bottom of the palette. Just make sure you name the file BEFORE you record the action, and it should do what you want.

Hope that helps!

BMG Design
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: